Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Back To School!

So, it happened. My baby boy is now a 4th grader. I really can't believe it. Its frightening. Time just keeps slipping away. On the positive side, I have time to catch up on chores and to craft, so, its a balance.
Today I was dragging. Seriously dragging. Getting up before 7 is for the birds. And for those who may scoff, I have reasons. K? Like, medication reasons. Anyway, in an effort to bring up the mood, I crafted. And with what else? A new stampotique stamp! Cause, not only am I obsessed, I am kind of on the team so I get to bring you delightful art in addition to my own art! 

Stampotique just had a release so, of course, I had to jump right on that and create something else. I created a bookmark. Love the style of these stamps and how they go with the style of Ms. Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children. I decided to use Sargent and can see her maybe being Olive with her chunky boots. For coloring I used watercolor pencils. 

Because this is a bookmark, I made sure that it didn't have a lot of elements that could fall off or mess with the spine of a book, but I just HAD to add some texture. Texture paste to the rescue. Just enough to give the bookmark texture without breaking the spine or leaving an imprint in the pages. 
Really love how vibrant the colors are and how it just pops. The sentiment, from Cosmo Cricket, was kind of perfect. Esp if you have read the aforementioned book. Now that my son is in school, maybe I can sit and READ a book instead of listening to an audio book like normal...if I don't fall asleep. ;)


Ingredients:

Sargent, Stampotique
Cosmo Cricket Sentiment
Stencil Girl Circle Stencil
Dylusions Key Hole Stencil
Dina Wakely Acrylic Paint
Ranger Texture Paste
Master's Touch Gesso
Watercolor Pencils
Americana Acrylic Paint

No comments:

Post a Comment