Monday, April 28, 2014

I Sewed A Zipper!!!

Can you believe it?? I sewed a zipper! And it was the easiest thing in the world! Who knew? Certainly not me!

So I bought this fabric awhile back and got all excited about it...and then never had the chance to sew...so I took the day "off" to sew today.

I wanted a pouch to put my pens for postcrossing in so they would stop rolling around everywhere and thought I would try my hand at sewing one.

::GULP::

Much more frightening than I thought it would be....until I found this really great tutorial on Pinterest. It has step by step directions.

I completely forgot to put the tabs on...::FACEPALM:: it was WAY too late when I realized it. So...maybe next time, I guess?


LOOK!!! A ZIPPER!!! 

I am so stinkin stoked with my new pouch. Noah wants one, so I am going to use our leftover Captain America fabric to make him one. I think the only thing I would have changed on mine is I would have lined the pattern up better on top, but that's just my over-critical eye. 

Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment