Thursday, May 31, 2012

We're men....we're men in tights....

TIGHT tights!! Easily one of my fave dumb movies of all time, lol.

This past weekend my family and I went to The Tennessee Renaissance Festival. Totally fun! While we were there, my son acquired a bow and arrow that he has been practicing with like mad. Totally loves it. So, my first thought is, the boy needs a quiver, right? So I Pinterest...duh...there are obviously NO other websites that you can find tutorials on, right?? And came up with what I thought was a pretty simple pattern. Nope...she had all the pictures....and no dimensions or actual instructions. ::facepalm:: I realized this AFTER I printed the directions and started the project. SO, I came up with my own. Its a little more snug than I would have liked around the arrows, and most def is not my best work, but Noah's face lit up like I had given him something really special, and that's all that matters. 

 Later, he says, mommy? I need a robin hood hat. Srsly? Um...Pinterest to the rescue. I actually found an AWESOME tutorial over there for a simple felt hat. Took less than 5 minutes once I scaled it to Noah's head. (side note...I fixed it to make it look better AFTER the pics...I brought the front together to make a point and it looks much more polished...but yeah....so I promise, it looks better. Like...actually fits and has a button on it and every-stuffs.)
So now, he feels like he is robin hood and wants to save people from mean people. Love my kid.  I will get a pic of the updated hat tomorrow.

Also, this week, I made a cookbook for my best friend. She has so many scrummy recipes and is always acquiring more, so I wanted to give her a chic lil book to play with in th ekitchen. I used papers from recollections, and lots of studio g paper tape, my new obsession. Made altering this composition book SO much easier! I made pockets and cards to match with paperclip bookmarks to mark her favorites.



Each pocket is matched on the back and has the same things in it. Hope you enjoy this rather long post! Hugs and keep craftin! 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome crafting!! I love crafts that make kids happy, and that cookbook is just sooooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. EEEP! First off I LOVE that movie! tee hee. It's so funny!
    Second... EEEEEPPPPPP!!!!! that book is too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sew crafty, hehe, get it. Yeah Jack sees something like that and wants it, I just tell him to save his piggy bank money and chances are he forgets all about it in an hour, then I don't have to go through the explanation for the 100th time that Mommy can't sew. Cute cook book too.

    ReplyDelete