Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mother

So, I finally get to share this since I had to wait until AFTER mother's day. This year, I wanted to give my mother something special. Not just a book or a bauble. I wanted to give her something that made her know how much I cared for her and how much of an impact she has made on my life and still continues to. I made her a scrapbook of me and her and my growing up with her, and added some bits about growing up with her. I am kind of happy with how it turned out.

My mother taught me art and gardening, how to have an imagination, and how to be myself, and that it was okay to BE myself, no matter how much I got teased for being me. She taught me how to make clover chains, and how to pick a thistle flower without hurting myself. She taught me to love animals and nature and how to be strong. So this is a very small tribute for all she has given me.



 


 

The papers that I used were almost exclusively Colorbok, a collection I found at Walmart for 5 dollars. The chipboard elements are all from K and Company. I LOVED them. The pearl elements were G Studios, I believe, but don't quote me on that....and the letters were from K and Company as well. 

I hope you enjoyed this! It was a joy for me to create, for sure. I have missed crafting immensely since I started back to work and this book was wonderful therapy. Stay crafty, and hug your mom!

3 comments:

  1. That's fabulous! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special gift for your Mom, did she love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tribute! I just know that it made your mom tear up :)

    ReplyDelete