Thursday, June 11, 2015

Mixed Media Love

Lately I seriously cannot get enough of mixed media. It is quickly becoming a real favorite thing of mine to do. I also really love Julie Nutting dolls. I could play with those dolls all stinkin day!

With this page I wanted to try a new color palette and some new techniques. I learned a lot with this page and over all I fell in love. I created my own texture paste with a quick recipe that I found. I also used acrylics as watercolors and learned to use my Dylusions sprays and I love everything about them. 

I stamped a "Stampin Up!" butterfly onto vellum and then clear embossed it and this was the result and I LOVE the effect of the vellum wings! I also to use  REAL flower petals on this girl's skirt and I mod podged them to the skirt and sealed them with the mod podge too. 
While this page didn't turn out the way I envisioned it but with all of the things that I learned I ended up LOVING the outcome. Esp the girl. If you want to know how I created the texture paste shoot me a message and I will be sure to share it with you, but you can check pinterest too. 

I hope that this inspires you to get messy and get creating! If you aren't messy, you aren't having fun!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment