Sunday, June 14, 2015

Artist Trading Cards

So, the other week I remembered how much I used to love swapping and how much I used to love making ATCs (Artist Trading Cards). I joined a couple of groups on Facebook and soon was joining a swap. 

The name of the swap was, "animal kingdom". The theme was awesome, and the specifics were, one mammal, one bird and one fish or amphibian/reptile. 

I had so much fun creating these that I want to keep creating them!!!!! I used acrylic paint and my gelatos as well as texture paste and gesso and mod podge. I wanted to make them look like they belonged together. The silhouettes were printed as free images and I detail cut them with my super pointy scissors. Oh, and I also used Dylusions Sprays...mu other new addiction.
I loved the seahorse with the sentiment, "dare to be different" because what is more unique than a sea horse??? The BOYS have the babies for pete's sake!!I used the texture paste and a stencil to create a bubble effect as well as sequins and then I created paint circles using the bottom of a paint bottle.
The bird always makes me think of soaring and bravery.  It was the perfect sentiment for this trading card. The arrows were made with a stencil and texture paste.
This last one, the cat...cats KNOW that being different is good. Who else gets away with what a cat does?? Haha. The stars are stencil and texture paste and tho you can't see it, there is glitter all over the cat and the stars.
My swap partner is in Norway so I am anxiously waiting for her to receive these. I hope they are her style and that she loves them as much as I do!!!!

1 comment: