Sunday, September 28, 2014

Christmas Already?

Well, no. Not quite yet. Though, I am already in full preparation mode. As always.

I mentioned in my last post that my husband and I stumbled onto a Hancock Fabric and I was super excited. I really don't like Joann Fabrics. Overpriced and not a lot of variety sometimes. Recently, I ordered some fabric from them and was told after I received my shipping notice that oops, they were out of the  fabric. Geee, thanks. Make my wait 2 weeks to tell me you are out.

SO. I checked out the massive remnant section and found some awesome Marvel fabric as well as some Angry Birds fabric that I will use on another project sometime.

Today, though, I am going to show you my Avengers fabric. I decided that my almost 8 year old needed something a little older than a Winnie The Pooh stocking. He says he still loves it, but I know he also loves super hero stuff.

So I made a lined and slightly padded stocking for my little/big man. I am still learning how to sew curves, so the toe looks a bit funny. You sew, you learn, right?

 I also had these fuzzy iron on letters and ironed his name onto the stocking. He especially likes that feature.
 This is the color I used to line the inside. Again, a learning process. I think I did the top wrong, but its all good. It turned out pretty nice when all was said and done.
 Now, all that is left to do is wait for the big fat man with the long white beard to come and fill it with goodies on Christmas Eve. This was pretty simple, all things considered. I created a pattern on some paper and then traced and cut out all of the parts. It wasn't overly difficult. Not bad or an hour or two of work.

Hope this inspires you to get going on your own Christmas items!! The time to prepare is NOW! Hahaha. Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment