Wednesday, March 8, 2017

SDC268 Ribbon and Lace

Welcome to week 2 of our Ribbon and Lace challenge. This one was a bit of a challenge for a moment for me, only because I have moved away from using ribbon, tho in the past I used it for EVERYTHING!!! Thankfully, I found this wonderful ribbon with pom poms and it was perfect for the project I had in mind.

So, it being March, did you know we had a brand new stamp release over at Stampotique? Some really neat images this time!!

So, for this card I tried to color with copics first and after 2 failed attempts I figured it was time to scratch and go a different route. Enter, Faber Castell Gelatos and a watercolor brush pen. WOW, what a difference. I was able to really let go and just create! I was originally going to find some designer papers to go with this delightful image and then I had a thought, what if I just go crazy with my gelatos! MAN, I am in love with the outcome!
For the ribbon aspect I, of course, used the same pom pom ribbon, cut off the pom poms and then used it for a scarf and it made the image come to life for me. Made it even more delightful, if that is even possible.
 Not sure about you but I kind of want to go flying with these guys!

Be sure to check out Stampotique.com to see our entire release for this month! Betting you will find more fun items to put on your wish list! Happy shopping, and we can't wait to see your projects using ribbon or lace!

Ingredients:

All Aboard! (Stampotique)
Faber Castell Gelatos
Watercolor Brush Pen
Target Pom Trim
Ranger Archival Black Ink
3L Adhesive Squares

1 comment:

  1. Great fun project - those pom poms finish it beautifully xx

    ReplyDelete