Thursday, September 1, 2016

Its ATC Time Again!

This month over at Stampotique our ATC swap theme is Stamped Background. The idea is to stamp a background and hi-light that stamp or another in the foreground. Of course I had to use my cute little monsters. Plushy and the Goat Monster. I went a little bit more simple in an effort to have the stamped background and monsters pop. I love how they turned out.

This first one is on a background that I created for my video on watercolor backgrounds.  It was exactly what I needed for this goat monster and his silly plushies.

 This card I used an extra panel I had from the party banner  that was created awhile back for my first DT slot. I cut it down to the appropriate size and stamped Plusy all over the back. I used watercolor pencils for Goat Monster and then used the "caution" part of the Approach With Caution stamp. I love how the expression on Goat Monster's face almost seems like he is in a daze, or in the twilight zone with Plushy behind him.

 I flipped the colors for the second card, using the blues and greens on the back with the warmer yellows and oranges for the goat. Finished up both cards with a gel pen to create a funky boarder.
Pretty much love the way these guys turned out. I am really enjoying learning to use different color schemes and not just my go-to colors.

So, be sure to hop over and join our ATC swap! There are so many amazing artist waiting to swap with you!

Ingredients:

Goat Monster (Stampotique)
Plushy (Stampotique)
Approach With Caution (Stampotique)
Ken Oliver Color Liquid Metals
Dylusions Sprays
Watercolor Pencils
Black Archival Ranger Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment