Saturday, September 24, 2016

Happy Halloween! SDC 257

Is it STILL September? Actually, I feel like September hasn't even been around that long with everything going on here at home.

I went to Target awhile ago and got this adorable wooden house for 3 dollars in the Dollar Spot and knew it needed to be a haunted house. Like, the most adorable, colorful haunted house ever. It is wooden, and pretty sturdy.

This was a new undertaking for me, but anxiety kept me up yesterday so I crafted all night (well almost 11pm, which for me is SUPER late) I really had fun coming up with the color scheme and the theme.

Of COURSE I used a Stampotique Originals stamp, Bat Boy. I did remove his hat, but left the rest of him in tact.
 I used a fiskars punch to create the scallops on the roof and on the eves. I used decorative papers in everything but the washi tape I used for the sides, and then, of course, colored the sweet Bat Boy with my watercolor pencils. I created the fencing and the door and windows free hand and just went where the paper took me.



The clouds are from a paper pack and I just cut them out. I really like how the cloud is on the front and the back. The moon helps make the spider really stand out! I had a really hard time getting a good shot of the house in or out of the sun, so I hope you are getting the idea of how it looks in real life!


Additionally, I am using this as an entry into our challenge this week (week 2, actually)  over at Stampotique originals, "Put A  Bug On It" ,SDC 257. Pretty sure my giant spider is going to fit right in. Poor Bat Boy, trying to see who is lurking outside on All Hallow's Eve! 

Ingredients:

Bat Boy: Stampotique Originals
Core'dinations Cardstock
Studio Calico Cardstock
Tombow Adhesive
Ranger Archival Black Ink
Ranger  Glacier White Pigment Ink
Fabric Washi Tape
Wooden House, Target Dollar Spot



7 comments:

  1. Beyond fabulous with so many gorgeous details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so cute hun <3
    Love it!

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Halloween colours, it's perfect for SDC257. That's one big bug too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous, love all the tiny details :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This gave me goosebumps...seriously. What a fab project and I can't believe you scored the house for only $3. I need to go shopping! Thanks for joining us at the Stampotique Designers Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow great how you have altered this
    Thanks for joining us at the SDC blog
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete