Wednesday, September 14, 2016

SDC257 Put A Bug On It

Its that time again! We are having another fun challenge over at Stampotique Originals. This time around our theme is, "Put A Bug On It". Not going to lie, I was a bit stumped for about 5 minutes....then I remembered that in our latest release we have this sweet lightning bug in a jar.

My son, who is now 9, lives to catch lightning bugs every summer and is always sad when their time is over.

This image needed to be  in a shaker card. I can image the sequins and stars being lightning bugs. Love this image and the imagination is sparks!

I don't have any of the fancy tools for making shaker cards. I used Spellbinders to cut out my rectangles with my cuttle bug (another bug!) and then used transparency and a LOT of adhesive foam squares to pop the top up to make the shaker box. Super easy.

I hope this card inspires you to go catch a lightning bug with your loved ones. Make a memory, or bring one to the surface.

Be sure to check out my fellow designers (located on my left bar) and share the love with them. Also, hop over to the challenge and enter for a chance to be in our top 3!!!

Ingredients:

Lightning Bug (Stampotique)
Dear Lizzie Neapolitan Paper
Dollar Tree Sequins\
Dollar Tree Twine
Teresa Collins Sentiment
Watercolor Pencils
Studio Calico Veneer Stars
Foam Adhesive Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment