Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Back Baby

So the next week or two I am going to catch everyone up on what I have been up to the past several months. I am out of work for the summer (I am a lunch lady) so I have much more time for blogging!!

I have been busy sewing, scrapping and creating mixed media like crazy.


I am in love with Julie Nutting's paper dolls. I love bringing them to life with colors and patterns. This time around my canvas was about pages of magazines glued and sewn together and primed with Gesso.

I also used magazine cut outs of butterflies and the girl (might be miley cyrus....I just liked her hair and glasses haha) The larger painted butterfly is 2 heidi swapp stencils layered together. Lots of acrylic paint and sequins,  cosmo cricket sentiment...and a sentiment from a magazine. The papers for the dress are a mix of several pads.


Isn't this quote just inspiring? It was an interview with a famous actress and I just loved it. Its so true. 
 Here is a close up of the doll. I love her style. Maybe I am  just partial, though. Haha.

I hope that this post inspires you to get creative! Its summer! Its time to take chances, make mistakes and GET MESSY!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment