Saturday, November 3, 2012

Blankie

Hi! So its been forever. I have been crafting some, but haven't had time to sit down and post so I am going to catch up today.

As most of you know, I have an adorable son who is about to turn 6, and much like his daddy, is a geek about his tee-shirts. Guess its our fault. We started him young. His says "I void Warrenties"

So, thanks to pinterest, I found an idea (several, actually) to preserve those tees withouth worrying about storing them in a box for the next 20 years. Now, I don't have mad skills with a sewing machine, but straight lines...I can mostly handle that. So, I spent many hours cutting Tee-shirts into squares, finding the perfect material for a backing, and all the other items I needed. 

It was super fun. I only made one minorly fixable mistake when I was cutting the backing. Thank heaven I bought twice the material I needed, haha. I also learned that jersey material is terrible to try to sew to a non-jersey material. But lesson learned...I think...

So here it is. I'm kinda proud of it. :) 




Stay snuggly! Be back later with some other posts!!



2 comments:

  1. You did such a great job, love the blanket. My Mom made one out of my baby clothes.

    ReplyDelete