Thursday, December 1, 2011

Deck the halls with paper goodies!!!


Finally got a chance today to play with paper! More like, I just did it and stopped procrastinating.
 Our internet has been intermittent at best and so while it was up this morning I scoured the challenges for something that struck my fancy.

I knew I HAD to use my new Ivy stamp from Tickled Pink Stamps so I jumped over to their blog and decided to play along with this week’s challenge. I mean, who can say no to, “anything goes? Right? Here is what I came up with. The papers are a prize I received awhile back. They are from “crate paper” and I LOVE this stack. I will be sorry when its gone. I also decided to challenge myself and try my friend Lizzie’s technique of using watercolors in lieu of copics since several of mine need refills and my colors are very limited. Here is the outcome:
For my other challenge I decided to try out the Pink Sketch Challenges and boy did they have a challenging sketch! I am not good with shape cards, but I needed one more Christmas card, so I decided to give it a go. I used Pressie Tobie and different papers I had laying around. The cardboard is from starbucks. Please excuse the shoddy stitching. First time using that stitch on a circle! I kinda think it adds charm. I also used watercolors on Toby.

Hope you are enjoying your week! TGIF!!

8 comments:

  1. Oh how cute!!! Love your water colouring with those bright colors and the papers are so pretty!
    Thank you for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and lovely watercolouring of Ivy! Gorgeous :)
    Thanks for joining us at TPS this week and good luck
    Hugs, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute, love the playing cards, thank you for joining our challenge at Tickled Pink Stamps this week, hugs, martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMWORD, both cards are fantastic. I think I like Tobie better!! YAY!! Such great papers for both. love the use of cards! Thanks so much for joining in both of these challenges....yup, I'm here for both. TPSC Girls & the Sketchy Girls thank you!! Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just amazing dude! You did such an amazing job!!!!!! Thnx for playing along with the challenges I do... stalker much? HAHAHAAA JK!
    LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It´s beautiful!! Just love your card! Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these are wonderful, Cassandra! Love the water coloring! Great details with the playing cards and recycled Starbucks liner! Thanks for joining us at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges! :)
    {hugs}
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  8. wowee, this is fun. I love the Alice in wonderland theme! Good luck and thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes" at Tickled Pink Stamps Challenges!

    ReplyDelete