Monday, February 8, 2016

Mixed Media Love

For whatever reason, my creativity has been a bit forced recently. I get ideas, but don't feel "inspired" if that makes since.

A couple of weeks ago we were snowed in for close to a week and I forced myself to sit down and create for a few hours. It started off great. I had a great idea for this beautiful mixed paper woman...


It was a lot of fun and I started feeling inspired! I have never done anything like this before. When it came time to do the actual art journal page, however (finally broke into my dyan reaveley Dylusions journal....that is when it became forced. I added a Stampin Up! butterfly and LOVED it...also loved the drippy gelatos...... 
That is when it took a bad turn. Sometimes simple is best and I should have left well enough alone, but I had to keep going....

It isn't terrible, and it has sweet moments....but I was trying too hard to hand write things, and had to "fix" the page several times after failed attempts....I used butterflies from designer paper and some pre made word stickers as well. It isn't terrible, but its not what my mind's eye saw. I see it as a learning experience and I will be making more girls for sure!
Here is hoping this inspires someone to create! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment