Sunday, August 3, 2014

Tag, You're It!

Yesterday Kristy and I got together and got messy! We have been playing with mixed media and art journaling a lot lately. When we get together, its a blast for sure. The ideas are flying and art is being created!

I set the room up with all of our goodies and when she arrived we got to work!

I focused mostly on using Prima dolls by Julie Nutting to make a couple of tags. I find that as much as I adore the Prima dolls, they are so LARGE! I mean...the tags have to be HUGE but they are so awesome.

This first tag was made using Kristy's newest Prima Doll. She is SO adorable and I LOVE her skirt! I layered and created dimension with her skirt. the background on the tag was created with Tattered Angels "party pink" spray and acrylic paint that I mixed to match the papers. The papers are from Glitz "Uncharted Waters" and Paper House "Artist Paper Mix". The Quote on the bottom of the page is from Heidi Swapp.



Here is the other tag I made. I used my own Prima doll for this one. 

I used the same colors of paint that I previously mixed and used some random papers that I had laying around. The words are from Cosmo Cricket. I cut part of her legs off to create a smaller tag. 

I had so much fun crafting yesterday. After the week I have had, it was SO nice to relax and let my brain create something. Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you are inspired!!


No comments:

Post a Comment