Tuesday, November 15, 2011

New Shirt

Yessir! I found this awesome post on Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/pin/106960559869636252/

And me being me, headed straight to Goodwill to grab me some gigantic men's tees! I found bunches. I loved this guitar T the best, so I used it to make my new shirt.
Such an easy tutorial and such a fun project! Lots of tweaking, but joyfully, there was NO SEAM RIPPING this time! When I was done, I thought it looked a bit bare, so I added stickles to the design. We will see how they hold up in the washer. They don't usually come out when I get them on my clothes, so here's hopin!
I decided to make a fun headband to go with the shirt out of the scraps cut from the shirt. Schwing! Used this tutorial to make a quick jersey bow. SO easy peasy! http://www.diyfashiondiva.com/fashion/fabric-bow-tutorial
(Did I mention how SHORT the bottom of my hair is??? EEEEK)

Now the tricky part....no matter HOW many times I tried, I couldn't get a stinkin picture of myself in this shirt! My camera is just too heavy...so, meet my budding photograper:
Hope you enjoyed! I had fun makin it. I have 2 more shirts I might convert as well. 

4 comments:

  1. okay srsly... how cute can not only one person be... but TWO! your lil man man is adorable! And that shirt restyle is awesome! not to mention a totally awesome find for the shirt for you to alter!!

    ReplyDelete