Saturday, July 22, 2017

Word Up Weekend....Need Coffee!

Hello, hello! It is that time of week again....Word Up Weekend! 

I bought some new inks...shocking, I know...but I really didn't have any distress inks and when I saw that ALL of Tim Holtz Distress Inks were 2 dollars off retail at Hobby Lobby, I had to have them. I will probably go get more. Hopefully this means that here in TN we will finally be getting the new Oxide Inks. 

So, I used these 3 colors to create a fun splattered background and also stamped my sentiment AND my bird image onto what was left. Oh, and layered strips on top of vellum that I burned....with fire...
 That's right...fire...and vellum....it makes a really cool texture and scorch look. I doodled on the strips of paper with my paint pen, which....you know...was fun. I chose this sentiment and bird because, well, they go amazingly well together, but additionally, my son knows and says often, "No coffee, no works!" and, I thought it applied here. HAHA
Be sure to head over to our Stampotique FB page and check out all of the other wonderful word up weekend projects! Who knows what may strike your fancy?

INGREDIENTS:

Cocoa Bird: Stampotique
Coffee Quote (Phrase Cube #2) Stampotique
Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Peacock, Cracked Pistachio, Abandoned Coral
Vellum
American Crafts Eyelets
Color Box Ink

No comments:

Post a Comment