Saturday, February 6, 2016

Getting Back Into The Game

It has been entirely too long since I have blogged so it is time to get caught up. The holidays were crazy, as usual, as well as I spent a short time working 40 hours, but now I am back home and doing the SAHM thing in between finding jobs.

I am still sewing and crafting, so I will spend a few posts catching you up.

I have quite the stash of fabric, but still felt the need to go to Joann last week and buy some more. Harry Potter fabric, Doctor Who fabric, Mario fabric....can you really, actually have too much fabric?? Nahhhhh.

However, I didn't want to make just another tote. A lot of you have been asking about cross body bags for a long while and I finally have the skills to create the bag I think everyone will enjoy!

The last year of sewing I  have learned so much about construction, how to create certain elements, and all-together do what I want! Its kind of exciting to know I am not 100% dependent on tutorials and specific patterns now.


So, this Doctor Who fabric caught my eye a long time ago and I finally sprung for it. This bag uses one yard of external fabric, and 1 yard internal fabric. I also use a sturdy interfacing. The strap is 50 inches and it has a magnetic snap closure. Next time I will for sure be doing the pockets different. This time around it was more about construction than the pockets. The finished bag is 14 inches tall by 11 inches wide. The front is pleated. Love the pleated look.


I am very pleased with the outcome. It worked out VERY well for making my own pattern.



I will for sure be making another of these bags this week and really can't wait!  This bag pattern needs a name. Gonna have to think on it. Have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment