Wednesday, September 13, 2017

SDC282 Blue Only

So, really you guys, this was a tough challenge for me. I am not a huge fan of most shades of blue. I lean more toward teal and green. However, once the project got rolling, it wasn't as hard as I anticipated.

I decided to create a gift box and use our new Flos  stamp from our latest release.  Oh, yes, we had a wonderful release this month! The toughest part of this challenge was not using black  for the stamping, but I like how the flowers turned out.

I used various ink sprays to watercolor my blue flowers.  I used Lindy's teal shaker to color texture paste and stenciled the top. I love how it turned out. I tried to create layers as well without creating too much bulk. 
I hope that you are inspired to think "outside the box" for this week's color challenge. Don't let it leave you feeling blue! Be sure to check out the rest of the design team as there is a lot of inspiration to go around. We have such amazing artists! And, also, join us to win some stamps!

Ingredients:

Flos: Stampotique
Hashtags: Stampotique
Dylusions Ink Spray
Lindy's Ink Spray
Memento Ink
Lindy's Magical Shaker
Heidi Swapp Stencil
Texture Paste

No comments:

Post a Comment