Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Seeing Red SDC267

So, if you had told me a few years ago to only use shades of red I may have cried. Seriously. I work so much with teals, and purples and blues and greens that the idea of going red may have sent me around the bend.

Fast forward to now....and I am totally okay with it. I have turned over a few leaves creatively speaking and now dive into ANY and ALL colors.

So, for this challenge, "seeing red" I was all set to use my go-to Dylusions (which I STILL LOVE, btw) and remembered that I have so many Faber Castell gelatos that I never seem to use anymore. So, I used the mess out of them!!

So to create this little hanging I used some chipboard and treated it with a healthy layer of gesso. I used 3 different shades of red to create a fun watercolor background. Also used texture paste with a fun stencil to add some depth.

All in all I am in love with the outcome of this fun little hanging. And, of course LOVED this funny little  sentiment. Had my son in fits of giggles.

I can't wait to find a place to hang this little guy. Its the perfect thing to cheer you up on a dreary day. We can't wait to see all of the shades of red you all come up with!

Ingredients:

Smile (Stampotique)
Hanging Hearts (Stampotique)
Happiness (Stampotique)
Fabre Castell Gelato
Ranger Gesso
Ranger Archival Black Ink
Dylusions Triangle Stencil
Prima Flower
American Craft Eyelets
Sequins

No comments:

Post a Comment