Saturday, May 28, 2016

SDC #246 Anything But Black

WOW..seriously This challenge was hard. Didn't expect it to be. When I saw the challenge I immediately had an idea and even saw the finished product in my mind, colors and all....this...did not happen. I way overthought the process and tried to rush it which resulted in my spending 2 hours to complete this card. I am thankful for this challenge, however. It gave me  a chance to really hone my skills and step outside the box.

This card is for the Stampotique Originals challenge, SDC#246, "anything but black".

What I ended up doing was using Glacier White Pigment ink from Ranger and Zing white embossing powder from American Crafts to create the white image. The background was created using Dylusions Ink sprays and water. I also used the sprays to create the splatter effect. The sentiment was stamped with Memento Dew Drop, Bermuda Blue.

I am not going to lie. I chose this sentiment on purpose. It is from Dylusions, Dyan Revealy and its tone was exactly how I felt at the moment. WHY do I make my art hard?!?!  Not acceptable.


I am, actually, extremely pleased with the outcome after all of my hard work. I am excited to try more things like this in the future and to continue to grow my list of techniques! Hope you are inspired to challenge yourself as well! 

7 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I love the Mustache Monsters in white with that great background behind them!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Stampotique Designers Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE ♥♥

    I adore your sentiment too ♥

    Thank you for joining the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these little monsters, the background is fab and the sentiment has finished it off perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty and effective :)
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this, the monsters look fabulous in white. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Stampotique, and have a fun weekend. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute, love the white embossing ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique ! Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card!
    Thanks for joining us at Stampotique :)

    xx Arwen

    ReplyDelete