Saturday, August 19, 2017

Word Up!

Fall is just around the corner and for my household, that means my son is going on a 2 night, 3 day camping trip with his 5th grade class. I will most likely be the parent going with him as well....I really don't...do camping. Curly hair plus humidity and camping equals...Just no. Haha.

However, it made my think of these sweet stamps from Stampotique and I thought, what better thing to do then to make a cute paper bead necklace with some shrink plastic charms??

So, the beads were super easy, and even the charms were easy to make....but I have NO earthly idea how people deal with jump rings. I wanted to throw them across the room. Needless to say, I stopped with the necklace. Haha. No matching earrings just now. I do really love how it turned out when all is said and done, tho. Cheerful and sweet.

So maybe, just maybe, this necklace will help me to be a "happy camper" when I am wrangling kidlets on a camping trip!

Also, don't ever be afraid to craft outside your comfort zone! You never know what will happen!!

Ingredients:

Happy Camper: Stampotique
Tee Pee: Stampotique
Color Box Ink
Shrink Plastic
Deco Page
Various Decorative Papers
Decorative Wire
Necklace Chain

No comments:

Post a Comment