Sunday, April 2, 2017

Word Up!

Its that time again! Starting to really, really enjoy these word up weekends over at Stampotique. It gives me a chance to showcase some of our most snarky (as well as sweet) sentiments. Stampotique has quite a wide range sentiments.

This week I chose one of our new snarky sentiments from our latest sentiment cube. This particular sentiment is the partner to the saying, "Aren't you a little ray of sunshine" and takes it one step further. Love it!!

I also used this adorable Cooee, another of our newest April release. I used my gelatos to watercolor him. I really liked the way he turned out. I used stencils and paint as well as some  crackle paint to create the background for the base. Of course I used my ray stencil with the black crackle paint to create the rays of black. 
At first I was a bit unsure of the black with the orange, teal and green...I didn't want it to end up too Halloween-y but in the end, I feel like it all came together well and that the idea was put across well. 

Now, to update my eyeglasses prescription so I can sit and read for long periods of time again. 

Ingredients:

Cooee: Stampotique
Phrase Cube 2: Stampotique
Dina Wakely Acrylic Paint
Americana Acrylic Paint
Color Box Ink
Lindy's Stamp Gang Black Forest Black Magical Shaker
Faber Castell Gelato
Posca White Paint Pen
Ranger Crackle Paint
American Crafts 
Balzar Designs Number Stencil
Tim Holtz Ray Stencil
Bakers Twine
Micro Fine Glitter

No comments:

Post a Comment