Monday, October 3, 2016

Monochromatic Monday

Good Monday evening to you all! It is time for another swap over at Stampotique! Everyone voted and decided that Monochromatic would be an awesome theme. I love monochromatic projects, it is just very difficult for me to create something without a third color to pop.

I decided to go with teal and green. Greens are varied, so I thought this would be my best bet to follow the challenge without cheating. ;) Once the colors were chosen I knew I wanted to use Feathery Monster. He looks so handsome in teals and greens.

I used my watercolor background technique to create a dynamic background. I used Dylusions Ink Sprays and water on my Ken Oliver mat and this was the result. This is my favorite one to date. I wish so hard my scanner was working because I would have scanned this one and saved it for sure! It turned out amazing with all of the little dots hovering perfectly on the paper. 
For the ATC, I decided to go with shakers this time. In order for them to fit into an ATC sleeve I went ahead and cut my foam squares in half (height) in order for the top layer to be smaller but still allow the sequins to shake around. It was tedious. I will be buying a roll of thinner foam tape in the future. I covered the foam outside with some fun green twine, which, this idea I borrowed from someone else. 
 I really like how these guys turned out. Oh! The sentiment is also from Stampotique!! I thought it was just about perfect for his expression.
So, I hope you will hop over and join us at Stampotique for our FaceBook swap! We would love to have you!!

Ingregients:

Feathery Monster (Stampotique)
The Crew (Stampotique, just the sentiment)
Dylusions Ink Sprays
Dollar Tree Twine
Dollar Tree Sequins
Le Pen Black
Ranger Archival Black Ink
Transparency Paper
Adhesive Foam Squares

No comments:

Post a Comment